Monday, August 24, 2009

Question Break Answers 8

Earlier this week, a question was asked through the wonderful tool of Facebook message. So Patricia asks:

I know you just posted an answer post, so maybe this can be for next week or something, but I was wondering what you miss most about Earth. I mean, besides the obvious, like your parents. And normalcy.

Thanks for sharing your story with us - I love reading it!

I've taken a while to respond to this because mainly I needed to think about it for a bit. I miss a lot of things about Earth. I miss mainly cultural things, like books, movies, and styles. I would have loved to have seen the sixth Harry Potter movie this summer. As it is, I have to wait until it makes it online somewhere. I miss my favorite books. I miss my favorite music. I miss my stuffed animals - yes stuffed animals, I have no shame. I miss my favorite t-shirts and jeans. The universe is a strange place. It's, well, alien. I feel so isolated and alien.

What do I miss the most besides Ellen and Scott? I have John, so I can't miss him. This might sound strange but I miss normalcy. I miss feeling normal. I miss not feeling like a strange alien, a backwoods alien that people find amusing.

I want to be normal again. I want to be average. I'm tired of being a spectacle. I'm tired of being strange. I want to be a normal teenager. I want to have a normal life. But that's gone now, and I must take life as it is. I have John and that is what matters the most.

But I still wish I could have seen Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment