Thursday, July 30, 2009

Entry 33

Now I don’t really curse, and I do consider “hell” a curse word. Therefore, I want you to understand that when I say “all hell broke loose”, I’m not saying this lightly as if “hell” is a word I drop every day. I need you to understand that I really mean total insanity, complete confusion, utter fear, and pure panic occurred. I believe insanity plus confusion plus fear plus panic equals hell, so yes in short all hell did break loose.

Lime green lights flooded the halls, turning the white walls eye achingly bright. A siren so high that I felt it in my teeth screamed through my ears. Formidable, metallic machines seemed to appear out of nowhere with their own lime green lights and sirens. Aliens stopped what they were doing and retreated to the walls, to make way for the robots which seemed intent on only one thing: us.

Ven shouted something I could not hear over the wailing siren as he sprinted down the hall. John grabbed my hand and nearly pulled my arm out of socket as he took off after the older man. I managed to find my feet and ran helplessly after John. I knew my brother could run much faster than me and that he was holding back, but as it was I felt like I was getting pulled faster than I could make my legs go.

Images of Ven’s face were displayed on the walls, alerting every anthropologists as to just exactly who the culprit was. Some of the aliens who saw us shouted and moved as if to stop us. Ven simply sprinted past them, and John pushed them away, his superhuman strength overcoming even the largest of aliens.

The machines with alarms and sirens turned out to be security robots which moved on one large ball. They streaked through the hall after us, and I feared they would easily catch us. Surely there were some in the hall up ahead that we were simply going to run into, unable to escape as they enclosed in on us. Or perhaps they did not have to catch up with us. Perhaps their metal bodies contained stun guns that could stop our escape from a distance.

I saw Ven press his hand to his ear again and shout something. Suddenly the robots’ alarms stopped, their lights turned off. The metal machines skidded to a halt without catching up to us.

The other alarms immediately increased in intensity, and a loud voice began to speak in a language I could not understand. The aliens we passed immediately sprang into action, trying to stop us, as if the voice had given them complete permission.

To my shock and somewhat horror, Ven pulled what looked like a gun out of his jacket. He pointed it at the anthropologists as he ran. I saw no laser and heard no zap, but the anthropologists would suddenly crumple to the ground, lifeless. My feet slowed as I realized that Ven was probably killing them, but John would not let me stop running. His grip on my hand was merciless, and I had no choice but to keep up.

Ahead I finally saw the end of the hallway. A small door marked with lime green lettering seemed to be the exit Ven was talking about. Upon seeing the door, the man began to run faster, as if before he had merely been jogging. I did not think I could run faster, and clearly John realized the same thing. My android brother jerked on my arm painfully, pulling me up into his arms. He ran at full speed while carrying me. I just clung to him, wishing I was free from this awful place.

The door opened before we reached it, as if by magic, though I was sure it was technology that had done the trick. On the other side of the door I could see what seemed to be a massive blue wall made from what looked like coral. However, as Ven neared the door, the blue coral disappeared, revealing a chamber.

Ven leapt through the door and into the chamber. John was only seconds after him. Once we were in, the wall behind us closed the hole, cutting short the sirens and the angry lime green lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment